Sunday, January 01, 2006

happy new year!!!!

Well, it's finally 2006. A time to begin anew, a time to maybe reflect on the year 2005 and see if there's anything you had done in '05 that you'd like to change in this new year, and of course, a time to make plans to better yourself in the coming year. Or at least try to. New Year's alwayus seems to be the time to make all these "resolutions" for the upcoming year. Funny thing is, you don't keep them. Oh, you keep for awhile but afterwards, you always go back to the same thing. Well, I say that this year will be different. I say down with resolutions! You don't keep them for very long anyway so why make them? I say instead to turn your resolutions into goals. That way, maybe, you won't have the problem of feeling obligated to keep them. Take me, for instance. The past two years I made it my goal to make the upcoming year my year, meaning, I'll make the year the best year of my life. And so far, it has worked. Every time December 31st rolls around, I tell my mom that it was the best year of my life, and I am not lying.

2005 has been the best year in my life so far. I got more closer to God than I ever thought possible, got in with an awesome bunch of friends whom I just love and adore - Thanks for helping in making '05 the best year of my life! You will never know how much of a blessing you all have been to me, and I joined a new church that is attended by said group of friends, God revealed to me what He wants me to do with my life...my ministry I should say. God has certainly blessed me in the past year. Not only with the cool stuff, but also with the bad. Disasters like the tsunami, Hurricanes Katrina, Wilma, and Rita, the earthquake in Pakistan, etc, etc, they all helped me in opening up my eyes to the world around me. Not that I was living under a rock, it's just that those disasters are making me realize more and more just how blessed I really am.

No comments: