Monday, January 17, 2011

lundi linkage: misc

*Lundi is french for Monday.




This is yet another special section! Every Monday, I'm hoping to have a variety of links that I like to look at and follow. Could be videos from YouTube, or a blog I read, or something else entirely. Enjoy!

Music: One of my favourite songs at the moment is "One Thing Remains" by Jesus Culture, a ministry of Bill Johnson. Check it out, here [it's a link because I have no clue how to add videos to this]. As a matter of fact, all of Jesus Culture's music is fantastic. I highly recommend them.


Television: Did anyone watch the Golden Globes? I didn't watch them, but I know who won for Glee, and really, that's all that matters for me [though it would've been nice to hear that Hugh Laurie had won as well]. Jane Lynch won for her portrayal of gym teacher/Cheerios coach Sue Sylvester, my most favourite character on that show, and Chris Colfer won for his portrayal of openly gay student, Kurt Hummel [Chris is openly gay himself]. Kurt is another one of my faves. You can watch his acceptance speech, here. It moved me to tears.


The main reason why I love this show so much is because it's extremely diversive. It has Asian Americans who are bucking against the stigma of stereotype. It has a gorgeous African American young woman who is not a size zero. It has a strong, openly gay character. And last, but certainly not least, it has a young lady who has Down Syndrome that has made her way onto the Cheerios [cheerleading squad].

Addictions: Thanks, Twitter, for giving me an addiction I didn't really need in the first place. Fan-freakin'-tastic. Also, I love Facebook.

That's all folks [for now]! I'll try my best to keep this feature up.

No comments: