Saturday, November 02, 2013

Day 2: Describe a moment or a day when being single really sucked

Not one of my best fashionable outfits

Okay! It's time for Day 2 of this blogging challenge I accepted. Thank you for following along with me as I go through this. I'm anticipating on learning some new things about myself.


Describe a moment or a day when being single really sucked.

There have been TOO many of these moments. LOL! But, if I HAVE to choose just one, it would be the weddings of my friends. [okay, so it's two]. There's nothing more depressing than celebrating the union of two people you care about while you haven't even been on a date. Of course I was, and am, happy for them. But it still sucked knowing I didn't have a special person in my life.

But then, I come to realize that weddings are probabaly a bit of a downer for single people [especially women]. Now don't get me wrong; I LOVE weddings. Especially celebrity weddings. I love flipping through a bridal magazine, looking at all the beautiful bouquets, rings, honeymoon ideas, and, oh my gosh, those DRESSES. I LOVED both of my friends' weddings. They were both amazing.

But when I watched my friends come down the aisle toward their beloveds on their wedding days, it was a beautiful thing, and yet I couldn't help but be reminded YET AGAIN that my Prince Charming wasn't there by my side [yet]. But he's coming. I KNOW he is.


Okay, so I'm finished for the day! Hope you enjoyed this post, I do apologize for it not being as interesting as it probably could've been.  

Oh, if you wish, you can follow along on Mandy Hale's blog as well. Here's her post for Day 1 and for Day 2.

1 comment:

Lux G. said...

it happens to the best of us :)
here's my share:
http://baredmysoul.blogspot.com/2013/10/when-being-single-really-sucked.html