Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Day 6: Sound off on the quote, “Every woman has the exact love life she wants.”

My beloved late cat, Muffy [has nothing to do with this post]


So today, for Day 6, Mandy wanted us to sound off on this quote: "Every woman has the exact love life she wants." Apparently this is a quote from "The Wedding Date". This will prove difficult seeing as although I did see the movie, I don't remember this quote [so I don't really know what context this was spoken in]. 

So I had to look for it on YouTube and while it was smack dab in the middle of the trailer preview, I kind of got the gist of it.

Sound off on the quote, “Every woman has the exact love life she wants.”

Your love life, or lack thereof, is that way because you CHOSE it [is what one of the characters told the main character]. Even as I'm writing these words, I have to admit that it is mainly true...in my life at least.

I don't wear makeup. I have LOTS of it but I don't wear it; I don't know HOW to wear it. Thinking of that quote, is it POSSIBLE that the reason my Prince Charming is not here by my side is because I don't WANT one right now? Because let's face it; if I start wearing makeup and get some beauty treatments done [aka NOT plastic surgery!!!] the opposite sex is going to notice me. Probably. Maybe. If I start to put a little more effort, okay a LOT more effort, into my clothing choices the opposite sex MIGHT notice me.

Maybe, just MAYBE, I don't really want Prince Charming to sweep me off my feet at this moment, at this point, in my life? After all, I DO have a comfortable life right now. I live in a nice house, in a nice neighbourhood, with some nice people. I go to a fabulous church. I have fabulous friends. Even though I'm currently unemployed, I don't let that get me down. I have two awesome pets [a tabby calico, Maxie, and a Shih Tzu, Chandler]. I have a good family. The list goes on and on.

Not to mention that I ADORE being on my own. I don't have to share a bed, I don't have to share closet space, I don't have to hear snoring [other than my mom and dog], and I DEFINITELY do NOT have to watch all kinds of sporting events [praise the LORD!!!]. I can watch what I want, and I do have my shows I watch [amongst them: Scandal, Once Upon a Time, Revenge, Nashville, GENERAL HOSPITAL, etc, etc]. I like my routines. I like how I can stay up late and I LOVE how I can sleep in. I love my life.

More than that, I absolutely LOVE the fact I can blossom in my relationship with God and I can rely on Him to take care of me and protect me. I LOVE how I can consult with Him on every decision I'm thinking of making [and there are a few big ones right now]. I do believe He likes this as well.

But then, if I CHOSE my life and it didn't choose me, I'm also saying I'M responsible for what happens. And man, that sucks. Maybe I AM too comfortable and maybe I AM too set in my ways. Maybe I NEED to switch my life up more. Maybe God IS nudging me to take that first big, scary, step.

For now, though, until God tells me otherwise, I'm fully embracing my lack of a love life because one day, I'm believing this, I won't have it anymore.

1 comment:

Lux G. said...

nice take on the quote. i had a hard time writing this, but i'm glad i was able to organize my thoughts.

http://baredmysoul.blogspot.com/2013/10/every-woman-has-exact-love-life-she.html