Monday, November 04, 2013

Day 4: Your biggest fear as a single person.

Me


Okay, so today, Day 4, is a doozy of a question, and one in which the person who answers will get very, very REAL. I am not looking forward to answering it. Really. Because this question is one where I have to confront my wide open future and just let go. So...without further ado, here's today's answer.

Your biggest fear as a single person.

As far as today goes, I honestly can say I have no fears whatsoever about being single. I'm in a good place right now, and I'm still learning a lot about myself and I'm learning how to maintain a relationship [via my personal relationship with my God]. I'm feeling healthy and great, I have a good life, and I'm thankful I live in a country where I have the absolute freedom to do what I want with no consequences.

But my biggest fear as a single person...wow. That's HUGE. And kind of scary. Because I don't like to think about it, and I don't even like to think about it. This has plagued me on and off for quite some time now and usually I push it out of my head and it's gone. But it's back in full force now and I absolutely hate it. I like to think of myself as somebody without fear, but honestly? We ALL have fear no matter who we are or what we do.

That said, my BIGGEST fear as a single person is winding up alone and then dying alone. THAT is my biggest fear. I look around and I see my friends all getting married, or engaged, or entering into a serious relationship and then I start to feel anxious because my Prince Charming hasn't shown up yet and I start to wonder if he ever will. What if he doesn't? What if God doesn't WANT me to meet someone? What if I wind up alone? What if I die alone?

But then...but THEN I see or hear something that totally confirms to me that God DOES care about me indeed! And I breathe a sigh of relief. Because He has somebody for me. Sure it's taking a long time, but I know that everything will be okay, that God HIMSELF has the right person in mind for me. And I'm okay with that, with the WAIT. Maybe God needs to fine-tune both me and him so when we do meet, if we haven't already, it will be one awesomely amazing and crazy adventure.

So whenever I feel down on myself for not having Prince Charming, I just give it all to God: my fears, my 'what ifs', my anxiousness, my frustrations...the list goes on and on. Because then He can deal with it, not me, and I can keep on living and loving. A few of my favourite verses are in the Book of Jeremiah, chapter 29, verses 11-13:

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me." - New Living Translation

Those verses make me feel happy and give me the warm fuzzies because God DOES have a plan for me and He will NEVER let me go. NEVER.

Another favourite verse is found in the Psalms [Chapter 121, verse 8]:

"The Lord will guard your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forever." - New American Standard Bible

I LOVE this verse because it rings so true in my life. When I look back on my lack of a love life, I can truly see that the Lord has, indeed, guarded me. I have never been kissed, I have never had a boyfriend, and I had never been out on a date. I believe that all that was designed by God to GUARD me and to keep me safe for whatever reason. I may not know what His plan was at the time, but I know that it will work in my favour in the future.

Isn't that awesome?!


Here's what Mandy had to say on HER blog. See you tomorrow!

No comments: