Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Day 5: The biggest misconception you think people have about single life

Evening Sunset


So Day 5. I have to admit that I ALMOST forgot about this entry. Almost. So without further ado, here's today's entry. Enjoy!

The biggest misconception you think people have about single life.

I think the biggest misconception people MAY have about being single is that there's something wrong with them. Like, for instance, if you're young and cute but still single, people might think there's something wrong with your personality or whatever. I don't know! I never pay attention to this kind of stuff. LOL!

For me, the misconceptions are that people who are single are boring, unlovable, ugly, and DESPERATE.

And I just want to make an announcement that that just ain't cool. Being single does not mean you are boring, unlovable, ugly, and/or desperate. Rather, think of your singlehood as being protected and guarded by the God of the heavens and earth. CELEBRATE it. Get out there and live out loud. I'm 30 and I am happily single. Not because I actively went out of my way to be single, I actually am praying for my Prince Charming, but because I am realizing that my singlehood is only but a fleeting moment in life. I realize that this is MY time. I can do whatever it is I want to do. The world is my oyster and I don't have to answer to anybody [as of yet].

Am I living the life I want? No, I am not but I am definitely taking tiny baby steps in getting there, and it's a lot easier now then it probably would be if I did have a significant other.

So, single women everywhere, if you are single and you are currently in a funk about it - and I should know, I have had a few of those funks too - don't worry about it. Your Prince Charming is somewhere. God Himself will give you the desires of your hearts. He sees you, and He hears you.



Here's what Mandy had to say on her Day 5.

No comments: