Tuesday, November 05, 2013

where I am, from where I've been

Yeah, I did that!!

So I don't know if any of you are aware that the url of my blog has changed. If you did notice, good for you! You get a cookie! If you didn't, allow me to point out that before it read fool4christ.blogspot.com but now I've since changed it to faithsfollower.blogspot.com.

Let me explain. It started right around the time my favourite television show at the time, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, made the jump from the WB network to the network, UPN [both are now long gone]. The official site for Buffy was shutting down because it was owned by the WB so all of us fans were pretty much running around with our heads cut off because we were losing our 'home'. And it was a home. I think I started watching the show during the third season. Shortly after that, I joined the fan forum at buffy.com [long since demolished]. I spent a good, solid two and a half years there. I met a wide range of people and I had established a place where I belonged. Then the news came that the WB was dropping Buffy. So we all started wondering what the heck was going on and how would we keep our 'home' and all that stuff.

Finally, somebody had the good sense of creating a new home. So I joined up and at first it was weird, considering I wasn't used to that format, but I made do. And it turned out that I LOVED it. I established a home and a place of where I belonged for the second time. But enough of that.

When I joined my second home I had to have a user name. So I joined using my name from my first home. But...the name I had was in honour of this character on the show, and I no longer liked him. So I had to think of something else. Around this time, me and some other girls were in some sort of clique on the message board and we all really liked this other character. Her name was Faith. So then I decided to get a Faith-centric name and the name I chose was...FaithsFollower.

Little did I know back then how prophetic it would be. Little did I know back then just how impacting that name would become in later years. Indeed, I am now faith's follower. I am now a follower of my faith, the faith that is the same as Jesus Christ of Nazareth. I COULD say that I am a follower of Jesus Christ, and that would be the honest truth. But just saying I am a follower of Christ could be construed as stating my 'religion'. I am not religious AT ALL. In fact, I intensely dislike religion. To me, religion is man-made rules and regulations. 

I am a Christian. But I don't consider that my religion; I consider it my FAITH. I have learned a lot since I first made up the screen name, FaithsFollower, and I have come to the realization that the name I had chosen way back when, the name I had chosen on a lark, was not at all accidental.

I am me, and I am faith's follower.

No comments: